The Adventure Parks of Outdoor Venture Group is committed to promoting active enjoyment of the outdoors. Guests are encouraged to challenge themselves and succeed, building self-confidence and gaining lasting memories. The fun physical activities promote good health and encourage camaraderie among peers, family, and friends.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a growing company with lots of flexibility, fun people, great perks – like free climbing, competitive compensation, benefits and bonuses, PTO and much more! We are looking for someone who sees challenges and rapid growth as exciting.
This mid-level management position reports directly to the Park Manager and is responsible for the oversight and management of all operational duties within the Park.
- STAFFING AND EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT
- Assist Park Manager with recruiting, interviewing, training, and onboarding of new hires
- Maintain employees work schedules including training, time off, cover for absenteeism, overtime, ensuring proper staffing of all areas of the park for full operation throughout the entire Park season
- Effectively manage the Park team/Monitors by coaching, mentoring, developing staff, and creating a positive, customer-focused workplace culture
- Mentor new staff supervisors, playing a key role in the development of the culture.
- Work closely with Park manager on sales goals and communicating those goals to staff
MAINTENANCE AND INSPECTION
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly inspections of both the courses and equipment
- Coordinate and execute all necessary groundskeeping
- Oversee maintenance projects, ensuring they are completed on time and one budget
- Keeping track and ordering needed supplies to operate the Park.
- Responsible for the organization and upkeep of maintenance equipment
OPERATIONS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Partner with Park Manager to ensure proper financial and budgetary goals are met
- Maintain Park operations software, the reservation, and POS systems, including troubleshooting any challenges
- Assist the Park Manager with:
- Customer service and the total guest experience.
- Retail and concessions.
- Coordination of any special events
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed to operate the Park
- Prior experience in adventure-industry facilities, travel/tourism, service industry, retail or sales preferred
- Previous strong leadership experience in a supervisory position
- Exceptionally strong customer service and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with the proven ability to multitask
- Must be comfortable at heights and be able to climb.
- Comfort operating power tools at heights
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel), Google Apps, and other database systems
- Must be a quick and independent learner, able to pick up things on the job and quickly adapt to new situations.
- Rescue skills are preferred (will train our protocols)
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain certification
- Prior management experience preferred
In this position, you must be available to work full-time, including regular weekends and holidays. Managers must be comfortable with working overtime hours during peak season as needed. This salaried position can often have 50-70 hour weeks during peak times.