The Adventure Parks of Outdoor Venture Group is committed to promoting active enjoyment of the outdoors. Guests are encouraged to challenge themselves and succeed, building self-confidence and gaining lasting memories. The fun physical activities promote good health and encourage camaraderie among peers, family, and friends.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a growing company with lots of flexibility, fun people, great perks – like free climbing, competitive compensation, benefits and bonuses, PTO and much more!
We are looking for someone who sees challenges and rapid growth as an opportunity rather than an obstacle, who wants to help others discover their sense of adventure and is committed to providing exceptional service while ensuring all safety regulations are followed. The ideal candidate enjoys working as part of a team and values training, mentoring and coaching.
The Park Supervisor’s primary responsibility is performing the daily operating tasks and procedures of the park and directing/managing the daily operations of park staff, including Hosts and Monitors. The Park Supervisor reports directly to the Park Management team and is an integral part of the leadership structure of the park.
- Open/closing duties, including registers, course inspections, grounds check and retail inventory
- Coordinating and monitor staff rotations
- Performing and exceling in all tasks including harnessing guests, delivering safety briefings and gear demonstrations, observing and assisting guests as they maneuver throughout the park
- Serving as primary responder for any emergency situations, high course rescues or customer complaints.
- Ensuring that park staff meet all customer service, performance and safety standards
- Assisting in staff training sessions
- Acting as a leader for other park staff members by promoting a positive park atmosphere though having a positive, upbeat attitude, leading by example, and presenting a professional and mature demeanor to park guests and staff at all times
- Assisting with park grounds and course maintenance, as needed
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as needed
- Minimum 1 year of industry expereince
- Ideal candidate will be a quick and independent learner, and quickly adapt to new situations
- This is a supervisory position, requiring strong experience in leadership and supervisory positions
- Must have exceptionally strong customer service and communication skills
- Able to multitask and oversee several aspects of operation simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to handle difficult situations professionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel), Google Apps, and other systems involved in records management and documentation
- Must be comfortable working outside, in all weather conditions
- Climbing experience preferred, but not required
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain certification
In this position you must be available to work a varied schedule including regular weekends and holidays. Peak season for all parks runs from March through November. Candidates must have full schedule availability and flexibility during this season, including weekends and holidays. Supervisors must be comfortable with working overtime hours during peak season as needed.