Don’t be stuck inside! Work in the trees with The Adventure Park.
Do you love adventure? Are you great with people? We need you to join our mission to promote active enjoyment of the outdoors.
We offer rewarding work in the outdoor industry, a great culture and an amazing team. You’ll also get a flexible schedule, paid training and competitive pay.
Park Monitors are the eyes and ears of the park. Your primary responsibility is to ensure the safety and well-being of all of the park’s guests as well as provide assistance and guidance where needed. It is the duty of the Park Monitors to ensure that each guest has an enjoyable and memorable experience.
- Greeting guests and providing general park information and direction
- Harnessing guests as well as delivering instructional safety briefings and gear demonstrations
- Observing and assisting guests as they maneuver throughout the park and the attractions, ensuring that guests are using equipment properly and safely
- Performing rescues and providing assistance to guests on the courses, as needed
- Ensuring guests are comfortably and competently able to access age/skill appropriate courses/attractions
- Performing daily course inspections and equipment checks
- Assisting with park grounds and course maintenance, as needed.
- Checking, processing and maintaining park equipment
- Assisting in park event set up and coordination as needed
- Making sure our guests have an amazing experience!
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Comfortable working at heights up to 65 feet
- Have a passion for working outdoors and be able to handle all weather conditions
- Attention to detail and an extreme dedication to safety
- Possess a friendly disposition and professional demeanor at all times
- Strong communication skills and a kind, patient approach to working with people
- Comfortable with public speaking and providing regular presentations to groups of up to 30 people throughout the day
- Reliable with strong work ethic and personal integrity
- Able to quickly and competently pick up new skill sets both in training and on the job while maintaining the highest quality standards of performance
- Have regular weekend availability; ideal candidates will also have flexible weekday availability and be able to commit to the full season
- Candidates should have some work experience
- Climbing experience preferred, but not required
- Candidates with background/experience in one or more of the following areas are preferred: travel/tourism, service industry, customer service, outdoor adventure activities, education, fire/EMT/rescue, rope access construction, arboriculture, zip-line or challenge course industries, and/or general maintenance/construction
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- This is an hourly, seasonal position, 20-40 hr/week. Preference is given to full season candidates
- Candidates should have a flexible schedule with both weekday and weekend availability
- Candidates that are available for the full season are highly preferred, and will be considered first for any extra winter, off-season hours that may become available.
- Candidates interested in Summer-only positions must be available for the full summer season—weekends and holidays are required (including July 4th & Labor Day)
- There is a mandatory orientation session and training period required for all candidates.