What to Expect
- Save time and BOOK ONLINE by using the “BOOK NOW” button on the top of this page. This will guarantee your preferred climb date and time.
- Every climber must complete an electronic waiver. For those climbers under the age of 18, parents or legal guardians must complete this electronic form on behalf of the minor. Prior to your visit to the Park, use the waiver link in your reservation confirmation email and complete your waiver(s).
- If you are bringing a group or party with climbers under the age of 18, please have their parents sign the electronic waiver. This will speed up your group’s check-in process and ensure that all minors will be able to climb.
If This Is Your First Time Climbing With Us, WELCOME!
Here is a quick rundown of what to expect:
Step 1: Check In
- Your reservation time is an approximate time. You will get your full climb time, even if your start is slightly delayed.
- If you were not able to complete your waiver in advance online, you will have the opportunity to complete a waiver at the park.
- Once all of the waivers are completed and verified, head over to the cashier and check in. If you don’t have a reservation, you can purchase the climbing tickets on-site for the next available time slot.
- Regular tickets are for three-hour climbing sessions, plus an additional 30 minutes for the orientation period, so if you purchase your ticket at 9 a.m., the time-stamp will read 12:30 p.m.
Step 2: Safety Briefing
Every Park visit starts with our safety briefing To get a preview of our safety briefing, watch the video below. Please note that you will still be required to view the video onsite prior to climbing.
If you have attended at least one safety briefing this year, you can join our Briefing Bypass Club by successfully completing an online application. Briefing Bypass Club members can skip the safety briefing for the rest of the season.
Step 3: Harnessing
- After the briefing instructions, you will harness yourself in the harnessing area.
- Make sure a staff member checks your harness before you proceed to the practice area.
- Have your harness checked by a staff member anytime you harness yourself or others after it’s been removed or adjusted.
Step 4: Practice
Next, you’ll have an opportunity to go through a practice area and get comfortable with using your equipment.
We use an “always locked” clip system to keep you secure while climbing. Once you clip into a course, one clip will always be attached to the cable until you reach the end.
You use tweezles to transition throughout the course. What’s a tweezle??? It’s basically a “key” that unlocks one of your clips at the same time it locks the other. The tweezle is critical to the system that ensures that you are always locked on.
Check out this video to get a preview of how our clips work:
Step 5: Main Platform
Now you’re ready! Head up to the Main Platform to begin your adventure. The Park is designed as a “hub and spoke” system. All trails begin from the Main Platform and extend out into the Park. Our Main Platform staff is on hand to recommend trails and answer questions.
If this is your first time, we recommend that you choose a yellow or green trail to begin your adventure in the trees. Visit our Course Levels article and Park Rules for more information on our various levels and trails.
A Few More Tips:
We climb in rain or shine, so dress accordingly for the weather conditions on your day of visit. For your safety, make sure to wear outdoor, closed-toe shoes. Sneakers/running shoes are ideal. No heels, flip flops, Crocs, ballet flats, etc. are permitted. Tie your hair back.
We HIGHLY recommend that you wear protective gloves when climbing at the park. You are welcome to bring your own leather-palmed, protective gloves or you may purchase online or from our retail store.
Per CDC and local guidelines, face coverings are no longer required for those guests that are fully vaccinated.
Guests are welcome to bring their own food to the park and picnic tables are available on a first-come, first serve basis. Free water stations are available throughout the park. Drinks and light snacks are available for sale at our retail store. Alcohol is not permitted, nor is anything that conducts heat, such as a barbeque grill.